The Securities and Exchange Commission Office of Investor Education and Advocacy (OIEA) and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc. (FINRA) issued an alert to provide investors with a general overview of automated investment tools. Click to read SEC alert here.
Here at WellFit Financial, we don’t have any opinion on the so called Robo Advisors. However, we do urge caution…buyer beware. What value do we add that justifies hiring us versus saving some fees by using these Robo Advisors?
What we do for you:
- Behavioral coach:
- Avoid emotional reactions to market movements. Don’t make decisions driven by either fear or greed.
- Avoid “Buy high and sell low”.
- “Expect the unexpected”.
- Apply an asset location strategy (taxable vs. tax-deferred accounts).
- Maintain proper asset allocation through rebalancing (based on your tolerance for risk).
- Stick with an overall market strategy in both up markets and down markets.
- Employ cost-effective investments:
- Seek out low fund management fees.
- Avoid high turnover costs.
- Implement a retirement spending strategy.
- Protect and preserve your capital.
Plus, we help you to:
Plan: Achieve your financial goals through proper planning.
Invest: Make suitable investment selections in your Trust, 401(k), IRA or other retirement accounts.
Manage Your Portfolio: Manage your investment portfolios, for a % fee ranging from 0.5% to 1.0% per year. We take NO commissions on any investment products.
Plan for Health Insurance/Health Care Costs: Plan for your health insurance and health care costs – especially in retirement, using tax deductible strategies.
Reduce Income Taxes via Second Opinion Reviews: Reduce your income taxes by giving you a second opinion if you prepared your income taxes using TurboTax or H&R Block’s tax software.
Select and Purchase Insurance: Review and purchase your life, disability and long-term care insurance.
Select Employer Benefits: Evaluate your employer financial and wellness benefits.
Plan for Education Costs: Save for education expenses.
What will a Robo Advisor do for you?